The Ventris Dual Reverb was a monumentally ambitious project. The Ventris Dual Reverb takes guitar effects engineering to new heights. This supremely intelligent pedal features two completely independent reverb processors, essentially housing a perfect pair of high-powered reverb pedals in a single box. It is the Ventris Dual Reverb’s powerful dual processing that sets the pedal apart from its predecessors and introduces a forward leap in sound quality and function. Why?
Dual Reverb Effects: The power to combine two reverb engines truly expands the ambient possibilities and unleashes the creative mind.
True Spillover: Seamless and unlimited “spillover” from one preset to the next is an enormous advantage in live situations. There are no limitations in terms of reverb type or the duration of the transition.
Massive Processing Power: Dual processing eliminates bloated all-in-one reverb programs. Instead of being forced to allocate 5% of the processing power to something vital and complex like the True Spring reverb, we can now dedicate 100% of the processor, opening the door to a new frontier of realism and sonic exploration.
Source Audio’s two man engineering team of Bob Chidlaw and Jesse Remignanti took extreme care in crafting the Ventris Reverb’s exceptionally spacious tones, covering all the bases from beautifully natural reverberations to haunting “unnatural” tones. The Ventris Dual Reverb includes 12 onboard reverb engines as well as an ever-expanding collection of reverb effects available via the Neuro Mobile App or Neuro Desktop Editor.
The True Spring engine takes full advantage of the Ventris Dual Reverb’s immense processing might, perfectly capturing the unmistakable “drip” of vintage spring reverb tanks. It was a massive undertaking, requiring a deep understanding of the physical characteristics of reverb springs, advanced experience in sound design, and exceptional processing power. Chief Scientist Bob Chidlaw drew upon all his knowledge and experience in the creation of the True Spring engine, from his days as head engineer at Kurzweil to the creation of Source Audio’s Soundblox 2 Dimension Reverb. The result is an exceptionally realistic sound that flawlessly captures all the subtleties and idiosyncrasies of classic spring reverb equipped amplifiers.
In addition to the True Spring engine, the Ventris delivers a comprehensive collection of perennial reverb favorites. The Plate reverb engine has the marvelously lush and diffuse effect found in classic plate fixtures from the late 1950s. There are also excellent simulations of natural acoustic spaces - choose from a range of room sizes starting with the warm and tight subtleties of the Room engine and advancing to the expansive reverberations of the gargantuan E-Dome. Finally, the Hall engine captures the lush sounds of high-powered rack units from the 1980s.
The Ventris also offers a fantastic collection of unnatural reverb effects. The Swell engine creates a reverb volume swell for gradually emerging pads of sound. Shimmer mixes in two pitch-shifting reverberations, adding a touch of angelic or demonic sheen. Reverse turns the verb around for a chilling and dramatic backmasking effect. The Offspring engine resurrects the forgotten “Laserverb” effect from early Kurzweil rack units — it is a unique retro-futuristic sound that conjures images of sci-fi battles from a galaxy far, far away.
The Ventris Dual Reverb also features a long list of mandatory control functions and introduces some bold new ones. The A+B toggle switch makes it super-easy to select between the pedal’s two signal processors or combine them into entirely unique dual reverb effects. Stereo Inputs and Outputs provide a mega-wide stereo spread for larger-than-life ambience. The OPTION Footswitch offers a variety of hands-free control options including preset scrolling, A to B processor toggling, reverb hold, runaway reverb, and tap tempo. The Ventris also features 8 onboard presets, full MIDI functionality (extending the preset number to 128), expression control, external preset switching, and more.
Finally the Ventris is compatible with the Neuro Desktop Editor and Mobile App. Connect the Ventris Dual Reverb to either of our Neuro Editors and choose from an expanding palette of additional reverb types. Use the Neuro’s advanced set of deep editing parameters to create highly customized reverb effects. Easily burn your edited tones directly to the any of the Ventris’s effect selector positions or to one of its 128 preset slots.
- Over 20 Reverb Engines — The Ventris features 12 onboard reverb engines accessible via the center selector, plus additional engines downloadable with the Neuro Mobile App and Desktop Editor. Select from strikingly realistic spring and plate reverb effects, natural sounding room sounds, and a beautiful interpretation of 80s Lexicon rack gear. The pedal also features a collection of haunting unnatural reverb sounds including the pitch shifting Shimmer engine, an eerie Reverse effect, a sweet tremolo/reverb hybrid, and the retro-futuristic of Offspring.
- Dual Signal Processing — The pedal includes two identical 56-bit signal processors for massive processing power, essentially housing a matching pair of high-powered reverb pedals in a single box.
- Dual Reverb Effects — Save two individual reverb effects per preset (on for each signal processor). Use the A/B toggle switch to select reverb A, B or A+B (a combination of the two) or use the Option footswitch to quickly toggle between the two reverbs.
- 128 User Presets — Save up to 8 presets recallable via the pedal’s onboard controls plus an additional 120 presets accessible via MIDI program change (PC) messages.
- Stereo Input and Output jacks – Choose from mono, stereo, dual mono, external loops, and many other alternate signal routes.
- Programmable Footswitch — Assign the Option footswitch to perform a number of possible functions. Control Options include tap tempo assigned to Pre-Delay or modulation time, reverb Hold (aka “freeze”), and A/B reverb toggling.
- Preset Spillover – Change from one preset to another without abruptly cutting the reverb trail of the former preset.
- Universal Bypass — Select either analog buffered or relay based true bypass.
- Analog Dry Through — For most engines the dry signal is routed around the signal processor for a
completely unaffected dry tone.
- Complete MIDI Functionality — Access the Ventris’s MIDI functionality via the Neuro Hub, the pedal’s 5-Pin
MIDI DIN input (w/ MIDI thru), or its USB port.
- Neuro Mobile App. (for iOS or Android) and Desktop Editor (for Mac and Windows) — Create highly
customized presets with the Neuro Editor’s extended set of adjustable parameters and additional reverb engines. Save presets in a personal preset library, share them with other Ventris owners, or burn them directly to the pedal.
- Expression Control — Assign expression control to any combination of knobs and program the depth and direction of each. Compatible with all Source Audio expression pedals, Hot Hand 3, as well as 3rd party expression pedals.
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing — Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs) Weight: 1 lb./0.45 kg.
- Includes 9v DC power supply — 300mA / Negative tip / Pedal draws 280mA.
- Includes 9v DC power supply (400mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection.
- Power Consumption — 280mA
- Brushed anodized aluminum housing.
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
- Weight: 1 lb./0.45 kg.
- Maximum Input Level: +6.54 dBV = 8.76 dBu = 2.12 V RMS = 6.0 V p-p
- Full Scale Output Level: +6.54 dBV = 8.76 dBu = 2.12 V RMS = 6.0 V p-p
- Input Impedance: 1 MegaOhm (1 MΩ)
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohm (600 Ω)
- 110 dB DNR Audio Path
- 24-bit Audio Conversion
- 56-bit Digital Data Path
Description$299.00 Add to cart
Guitar Delay Effects Pedal w/ MIDI
Description$169.00 Add to cart
Diverse Sound Palette of Multi-Effects
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Stereo Tremolo Pedal
Description$149.00 Add to cart
Description$109.00 Add to cart
Effects Expression Pedal
Description$99.00 Add to cart
Creates an Integrated Multi-Pedal System
Description$10.95 Add to cart
10 foot Instrument Cable