The breakthrough Holophone H4 SuperMINI Surround Sound microphone system delivers expansive 5.1 channel audio field capture in a super compact package. Mountable on any professional quality video camera or connected to a stereo recorder, the H4 SuperMINI is an elegant and simple solution for recording live surround audio from the concert hall and sports stadium to fast-paced ENG applications. The H4 SuperMINI is ideally suited for all live event television broadcasters, live music producers and engineers and film and video location crews who are interested in real-time surround audio for video, for delivery to an ever increasing home theater audience.
Using patented Holophone technology, the H4 SuperMINI head contains 6 microphone elements, which directly translate to the standard, surround sound speaker configuration; L, R, C, LFE, LS, RS (which includes LFE element), which collects low frequency signals for the sub-woofer. The six discrete channels are fed into a Dolby® Pro-Logic II encoder which outputs the audio as a stereo signal from a stereo mini-plug to dual XLRs, dual RCAs or dual mini-plugs. These left and right stereo signals are then connected to the stereo audio inputs on a professional video camera or any stereo recorder. The encoded signal is recorded onto the media in the camera or recorder. At this point, the audio can be brought into an editing package like Final Cut or iMovie and edited in stereo. Using a Dolby® Pro-Logic II decoder, or software such as SurCode, the signal can be decoded and editied in its original six channels. The stereo recording can also be simply broadcast directly through the standard infrastructure. Once it is received by a home theatre system, containing a Dolby® Pro-Logic II or any compatible decoder, the six channels are a completely unfolded to their original state. Where no home theatre receiver is detected, the signal will simply be heard in stereo.
The SuperMINI has additional capabilities that include an input for an external, center-channel placed shotgun or lavalier microphone to enhance sonic opportunity options and features an audio zoom button that increases the forward bias of the pick-up pattern. It also includes Virtual Surround Monitoring via headphones for real-time on-camera 3-D audio monitoring of the surround field.
The Holophone H4 SuperMINI Surround Sound microphone system finally puts the power of high-quality surround sound production into the hands of the videographer on any level. The H4 SuperMINI is precisely the right tool at the right time for any video, film or broadcast production.
- Miniaturized Holophone microphone "head" captures 5.1 channels of discrete audio with a Multi-directional pickup pattern that co-relates to standard 5.1 channel surround playback configuration
- Audio can be recorded directly onto camera’s internal media along with video image
- 5 microphone elements (L, R, C, LS, RS) have a bandwidth of 20Hz-20Khz
- Dedicated LFE (.1) microphone 20Hz to 100Hz for outstanding Low Frequency performance
- Six line-level Analog outputs one perchannel available from three, stereo 3.5mm female Mini- plug Jacks
- Internal Dolby® Pro-Logic II Encoded line-level stereo output for connection to camera ir stereo recorder available on single 3.5mm stereo female Mini-plug Jack
- Dolby® Pro-Logic II Output is compatible with Dolby® Pro-Logic II and all similar 5.1 channel stereo matrix decoding schemes
- Dolby® Pro-Logic II encoded on-camera surround sound can be transmitted, shared and processed via any stereo infrastructure
- Audio Zoom Button increases the forward bias of microphone pickup pattern for Zoom with close-up camera shot
- Virtual surround Headphone output with Gain Control on 3.5mm mini stereo jack for live and instantaneous on-camera monitoring of surround field
- Auxiliary Center channel microphone input (XLR) for attaching external lavalier or shotgun microphone. Selector switch, gain control and phantom power selectable
- Unity gain, Headphone and external mic level control plus -15db pad for high-SPL situations
- Intuitive Bi-Color Color LED Holophone Monitor indicates sound level and direction
- Uses four readily available "AA" Rechargeable batteries, with a minimum five hour battery life
- Attaches to camera hot shoe (or cold shoe) accessory mount
- Windscreen available
- External A/C charger included